Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA or Washington DC.
About the company: TechLaw recognizes that our company is successful because of its people. We share with our employees a vision of a company where people are valued and motivated by opportunities to learn, contribute and grow. Our environmental consultants help government and commercial clients assess performance, manage risk, implement sustainable remedies and resolve uncertainty. Professionalism, knowledge and experience are the hallmarks of our team. We have the experience to lead, the know-how to succeed, and the compassion to care.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a Toxicologist/Risk Assessor. This position will involve evaluating and preparing human health and ecological risk assessments; directing the collection and analysis of environmental data to support defensible risk assessments; providing technical advice to clients and internal team members regarding risk-based decisions; updating and sharing knowledge of current technical literature and regulatory agency policies and regulations regarding risk assessment; providing expert testimony as required; and assisting with business development in the area of human health and ecological risk assessments.
Job Location: The preferred locations are Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; San Francisco, CA and Washington DC. Other locations will be considered based on experience level of the candidate.
TechLaw offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a benefits package, training, and medical monitoring. We will provide the ideal candidate a collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and expanding knowledge and skills.
Salary Range: $100,000 to $140,000 DOE
Benefits: Medical, dental & vision insurance, company paid life insurance and STD/LTD, student loan repayment program, educational assistance, flexible time off, 9 paid holidays, FSA, 401(k) and ESOP Plan.
Required Qualifications: To be considered for this position you must have:
• A bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Toxicology, or related discipline
• 20+ years of experience in preparing or evaluating human health risk assessments and providing risk assessment/toxicological support during negotiations between regulatory agencies and the private sector
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of risk assessment guidance and policy associated with the USEPA Superfund and RCRA programs, as well as State Cleanup programs
• A Master's degree or PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Toxicology, or related discipline
• Experience overseeing toxicological testing programs and conducting safety assessments for chemicals and consumer products
• Experience providing expert testimony
• Willingness to work with the business development team to advance the company's risk assessment and toxicological business lines
TechLaw is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please visit the following link to apply directly: