Understanding risk assessment is one thing. Communicating about risk is another.
The Society of Toxicology of Canada is partnering with experts for an interactive, hands-on workshop that will boost your skills in both areas.
Gain a deeper understanding of risk assessment methods. Maximize the value of toxicology studies in characterizing risk. Encourage the use of sound science in risk-based decision-making. Apply practical tools for communicating your results to non-technical stakeholders.
Interested? Get on the list to receive updates and save 10% on your registration. No commitment is necessary now, but we need your feedback by August 16. This workshop will proceed only if there is sufficient interest. Limited to 50 participants!
2 FULL DAYS OF RISK ASSESSMENT (View agenda):
- Applying best practices in human health risk assessment
- Using diverse data and cutting-edge methods
- Deriving health-based exposure limits with confidence
- Integrating risk science and policy for risk management decisions
2 FULL DAYS OF RISK COMMUNICATION (View agenda):
- Making the science make sense
- Understanding risk perception
- Using risk communication planning tools
- Engaging in meaningful dialogue with stakeholders
HOLD THE DATES: November 5-8, 2019
Vancouver Convention Centre
4-Day full workshop - $2,295 CDN +HST (Click here to save 10%)
2-Day half workshop - $1,495 CDN +HST (Click here to save 10%)
Includes lunch and refreshments.
Certificates of completion will be provided.
STC is proud to work with our members and partners to bring you this unique training opportunity. We look forward to your feedback. Questions? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Addidtional information, including a list of speakers/instructors, is available at the workshop website.