Following the success of the First International Conference on Risk Analysis, Decision Analysis and Security, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, July 21-23, 2017, we are organizing the second conference on this topic in Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY, USA, July 30 - August 2, 2019.
This 2019 conference focuses on the theme "Risk Analysis in the Digital Era." We are organizing a special issue of Risk Analysis on this topic http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~jzhuang/Papers/CFP_RA_Digital.pdf, which would be part of the conference outcome.
Researchers interested in Risk Analysis, Decision Analysis, and Security, especially in the digital era, are welcome to participate. This conference seeks submissions that conduct cutting-edge research on the rich possibilities of harnessing high-volume, high-dimensional, multi-source, and/or multi-modal data to give insights for risk assessment, risk communication, and risk management. We also welcome perspective papers discussing the scope and limitations of big data risk analytics, including managing extreme events, causality vs. correlation, and privacy, legal and ethical issues.
Key areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Adversarial behavior analytics in homeland security
- Data-driven food safety analytics
- Aviation risk analytics with flight recorded data
- Risk analytics in humanitarian logistics
- Big data-driven optimization models
- Predictive analytics for risk assessment and risk management - Disaster management with big data
- Blockchain risk analytics
- Social media and risk analysis
- Cyber security and risk analysis
- Artificial intelligence and risk analysis
- Machine learning and risk analysis
- Virtual reality and risk analysis
- Internet of things and risk analysis
- April 1, 2019: Abstract submission (title, authors, affiliation, and a 100-word abstract) to the conference chairs
- April 15, 2019: Abstract acceptance notification
- June 15, 2019: Early bird online registration deadline
- July 1, 2019: Full paper submission to the conference chairs (highly recommended if you are interested in submission to the special issue of Risk Analysis)
- July 30-August 2, 2019: Conference
- October 1, 2019: Special issue submission (also open to those who do not attend the conference)
- February 1, 2020: First-round reviews
- Early 2021: Special issue published
The registration will be open at the conference website around April 2019, together with the agenda, and list of speakers. For additional information, please see the conference web site.
Let us know if you have any questions! Look forward to seeing you around the beautiful Niagara Falls in summer 2019!
- Dr. Jun Zhuang firstname.lastname@example.org; University at Buffalo
- Dr. Chen Wang email@example.com; Tsinghua University