Join us in Arlington, VA for this year’s SRA Annual Meeting from December 10-14, 2017 for the premier opportunity to discuss all avenues of risk analysis with other risk enthusiasts from around the globe. Our attendees are scientists and practitioners, trained in multiple disciplines and employed across a variety of organizations, who gather annually to share their diverse perspectives.
The theme of this year’s meeting is Risk Analysis: The Profession, The Practitioners, The Research. There are many fantastic opportunities for learning, networking, and discussing all facets of risk.
Plenary Session Monday
Risk Analysis: An Obsolute Profession?
- Terje Aven, University of Stavanger, Norway (including Welcome slides) – file
- Pamela Williams, E Risk Sciences – file
- Michael Dourson, US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – file
- Seth Guikema, University of Michigan – file
- Ragnar Löfstedt, Kings College, London – file
- Kimberly Thompson, Kid Risk, Inc. and University of Central Florida – file
Plenary Session Tuesday
Evidence and Knowledge-Based Decision-Making in a Risk Analysis Setting: Desired Reality or Misconception?
- Terje Aven, University of Stavanger, Norway – file
- Nancy Beck, US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – file
- Frederic Bouder, University of Stavanger, Norway – file
- Lisa A. Robinson, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health – file
Continuing Education Workshops
Workshops are offered Sunday and Thursday, either Full Day, a.m. Half Day, or p.m. Half Day. Full descriptions of each workshop are provided here.
- As a graduate student, there are multiple ways you can be involved with the Society for Risk Analysis’ 2017 Annual Meeting. Click here to see how to gain hands-on experience and network with risk analysis professionals.
- Roomate Matching Service
Presenters and Sessions Chairs
Click here for guidelines.
Click here to submit a Works-in-Progress abstract. [Closed]
The meeting will be held at the Crystal Gateway Marriott, just outside Washington, D.C. The Crystal City Metro stops at the hotel doorstep and the hotel is just 5 minutes from Washington Reagan Airport and 30 minutes from Washington Dulles International Airport.
Crystal Gateway Marriott, 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, Virginia 22202.
- Book your hotel conveniently through SRA’s reserved block. Spaces are limited. [Closed]
Learn about all of the exciting opportunities for your organization to be a part of our event.
Win a Trip to Norway!
All registrants for this year's Annual Meeting will be entered in a drawing to win a trip to Norway to visit the risk analysis group at the University of Stavanger with SRA President Terje Aven (you must be present at the drawing on 12/13 to win).
Questions? Please contact the SRA Worldwide Secretariat at Society Headquarters in McLean, Virginia, USA: Jennifer Rosenberg, jrosenberg@BurkInc.com; +1 703-790-1745.