SRA was founded on August 28, 1980 and the first issue of Risk Analysis: An International Journal appeared in March of 1981. As part of the 25th anniversary in 2005, a history of the Society was commissioned and published in the journal. Some of the references compiled for the history are provided below. Kim Thompson, Ph.D., one of the authors of the history and an SRA Past President, delivered a plenary address on the history of SRA at the 2005 SRA Annual Meeting, which is available here: Interdisciplinary Vision: 25 Years of Work in Progress.
7. Deisler PF, Schwing RC 2003. History of the Society for Risk Analysis Through the Year 2000.
22. Correspondence, Lars Ehrenberg/Robert Cumming, 17 April 1979.
23. Correspondence, Robert Cumming/Lars Ehrenberg, 13 August 1979.
24. Correspondence, Robert Tardiff/Robert Cumming, 29 May 1979.
25. Letter, Robert Tardiff to Alexander Hollaender, Lars Ehernburg, Fred de Serres, Gary Flamm, Joseph Rodricks, Richard Hill, Chester R. Richmond, Roy Albert, Professor Sugimura, Marvin Schneiderman, and Charles Brown, 10 September 1979.
26. Letter and attachment, Cumming to colleagues, October 1980.
27. Marked-up copy of the Constitution and Bylaws of the Society of Toxicology, copy dated by hand, 17 December 1979.
29. Certificate of Incorporation, 28 August 1980.
46. First Annual Meeting of the Society for Risk Analysis, 2 June 1981.
93. Council Minutes, 7 December 1997, p. 1.
94. SRA Bylaws.
104. Minutes of the 17 March 1989 SRA Council meeting.
142. Memo from Lawrence B. Gratt to Michael Gough, Paul Deisler, and Sam Morris, 16 March 1987. Subject: Definitions Committee charge. 16 March 1987.
143. Attachment to a Memo of Transmittal from Lawrence Gratt to Committee Members, dated 31 July 1987.