Society for Risk Analysis to Host Fifth World Congress on Risk
Registration is now open for the event, May 5-8, 2019
March 26, 2019
The Society for Risk Analysis (SRA), the world’s leading authority on risk and risk analysis, will host the Fifth World Congress on Risk, in partnership with the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC). The meeting features scientific workshops and presentations focused on “Development and Resilience.” The four-day event, running May 5-8, 2019, will be held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre in Cape Town, South Africa, with participants from organizations, companies, academia and governments representing more than 40 countries.
The World Congress program offers professional training, stimulating lectures and presentations on emerging research, while granting opportunities for students, scholars and practitioners to connect and collaborate. The objectives of the Fifth World Congress on Risk are to: (1) stimulate dialogue and learning on risk issues of worldwide interest; (2) share insights to analytic methods, decision processes and policy making; (3) disseminate advances in risk assessment, management and communication; (4) connect organizations and individuals; and (5) facilitate educational opportunities and transfer science-informed practices to other communities.
Sessions will feature cyber terror, energy, floods, infrastructure, nanomaterials, public health, resilience methods, resiliency, risk communication, transportation, urban risks and water-related risks.
Abstract submission is still open. SRA is particularly interested in receiving submissions from outstanding researchers doing work in risk analysis from Africa, Asia, Oceania, Middle East or Latin America and will aim to support their travel to present at the World Congress. The organizing committee welcomes proposals for a variety of session formats: poster-platform presentation, oral presentation and symposium presentation. Current program highlights include:
- Advancing Risk and Resilience Practice Through Risk Analysis Education and Certification
- Aligning Resilience Assessment Approaches Worldwide
- Engineering and Infrastructure, Foundation Issues in Risk Analysis, Occupational Health and Safety, Security and Defense
- Food Safety
- Managing Risk Across Borders
- Models for Effective Technology Transfer in Developing Economies
- Risk Analysis in an Interconnected World
- Risk Assessment of Gene Drive in Mosquitoes to Control Malaria in Africa
- Risk in the Water Domain: Perceptions, Communication and Commodification
- Risk Science at Risk: Post-Truth and Contested Knowledge
- The National Knowledge and Research Center for Emergency Readiness
Additional program information, registration and travel information, and abstract submission information can be found on the meeting website, www.sra.org/worldcongress2019. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. As a sponsor and/or exhibitor you can gain exposure for your business among scientists, researchers, administrators, educators and policy makers, and enhance your visibility among influential leaders and decision-makers within the field of risk analysis. For more information on available sponsorship opportunities and various sponsorship levels, view the conference prospectus or contact Shital Thekdi, firstname.lastname@example.org.